What is a Leased Line?
A leased line is a highly reliable, dedicated business Internet connection, available in speeds ranging from 256kbps, 512kbps, 1Mbs, 2Mbs, 10Mbs, 34Mbs, 45Mbs, 100Mbs and up to 1Gbps. We can offer other speeds with expansion potential to suit your needs too. With superior service level guarantees to either ADSL or SDSL, a leased line offers fully 1:1 contented, synchronous Internet access at incredibly fast speeds.
Who needs a UK Leased Line?
Anyone who is reliant on the Internet for their business will benefit from a Macintosh Electronics Ltd leased line. Companies, public bodies or other organisations who require;
Online transactions 24×7 to support their business model
High availability and super fast access to web sites or mail servers hosted at their premises
In excess of 2Mbps Internet access to their offices
High upload and download speeds for moving large volumes of data
Uncontended Internet Access
Fast access to a secondary data centre site for business continuity applications
High bandwidth at a later date with the option to scale bandwidth rapidly as demand increases
A leased line will connect you directly to the MACINTOSH ELECTRONICS LTD network and onto the Internet enabling your staff to work more effectively and more productively
With a leased line you have full use of all the Internet bandwidth all of the time, so you don’t share it with at least another 20 or 50 companies as you may do with ADSL.
How does a UK Leased Line work?
Macintosh Electronics Ltd will supply either a direct local access circuit or may use another telecommunications provider to supply a dedicated point-to-point circuit between your office and the nearest Macintosh Electronics Ltd point of presence. This circuit acts as your own dedicated pipe to the Internet. The circuit is fully monitored 24×7 by both Macintosh Electronics Ltd and the access circuit provider to ensure it is available for your business at all times.
Macintosh Electronics Ltd will provide you with a managed Cisco 1700 / 1800 / 2600 / 2800 router or equivalent router and deliver the service to you as Ethernet to plug directly into your firewall or LAN.
UK Leased Lines – Key Features
- Leased lines from 256kbps to 1Gbps
- ADSL lines in the UK and ISDN backup are available to provide resilience.
- Connectivity via multiple access points across UK leased lines and internationally in over 100 countries.
- Fully Managed, pre-configured and supported Cisco router supplied with every UK leased line including constant monitoring and optional customer alerting with our remote systems.
- Full reporting of utilisation, availability and latency is included with every Macintosh Electronics Ltd Leased Line.
- Connection to our independent, fully resilient, international network.
- 24x7x365 Monitoring and Support.
- Hardware support contracts available to a guaranteed 4 hour replacement 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Provides a fast, reliable and private Internet connection dedicated solely to your organisation.
- Optionally we offer Cisco IOS NetFlow reporting. This provides a key set of services for IP applications, including network traffic accounting,usage-based network billing, network planning, security, Denial of Service monitoring capabilities, and network monitoring. NetFlow provides valuable information about network users and applications, peak usage times, and traffic routing.
- Secure internet access, broadband internet line or ADSL lines in the UK, with our firewall service.
- VPN and remote dial access options for leased line customers.
- Pricing subject to minimum 12 month contract on leased line broadband solutions
MACINTOSH ELECTRONICS LTD offers Worldwide Broadband Leased Lines
Discounts available on 2-5 year contracts